Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Butterscotch Hot Drink.

Butterscotch. How could this be such a perfect flavor. If you have brown sugar and water and/or butter you can have a butterscotch candy or, with some cream, a wonderful butterscotch sauce. This, obviously, is one of my favorite flavors so I made a hot drink for a cold day or (like me) when ever you are in the mood. Hopefully this recipe will be enjoyed as much is I enjoy it.


Ingredients:
2 TBSP brown sugar
Splash of water
1/4 Tsp vanilla
2 TBSP Half-Half or cream
1 cup milk
Whipped cream (optional)



Start by adding the sugar to a mug. Add the water. But make sure to add very little or it will take longer to cook and make sure not to add to little water or the candy will over cook the milk. 


Microwave for 30 seconds and as you can see not all my brown sugar melted.


Add 1 TBSP Half-Half or cream.


 And microwave for 30 more seconds.



Add the remaining Half-Half and vanilla. Stir it all together.


Add the milk and stir again.


Microwave until it is the desired warmth ( I do 1 minute)


Top with whipped cream and brown sugar ( I suggest this).
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment